Ready to get involved in the work we do? Washington Parks & People was built from the ground up by over 150,000 volunteers, just like you.
There’s no better way to get involved than by reaching out and lending a hand. You, your family, school, or organization can join us in transforming our city’s parks, meadows, and green spaces.
There are so many ways to volunteer with Parks & People – everything from 1-day revitalization projects in our city’s parks, to semester- or year-long internships at our Campaign headquarters in Columbia Heights or our Program Base at the Riverside Center.
Some possible ways to get involved include:
- Park restoration and beautification
- Data entry, filing, research, outreach, and special events
- Event support for a variety of public activities in our parks and community hubs
- Serving as a docent/greeter at the Josephine Butler Parks Center
- Communications support in social media, graphic design, and website content writing
- Site renovations, upgrades, skilled painting, skilled lawn and garden work
- Youth programming and outreach
- Growing food at our urban farm spaces
In all these ways and more, we invite you to consider how you can bring your enthusiasm, talents, and creativity to the work of Washington Parks & People.
Ready to roll up your sleeves?
For individual volunteer opportunities, click here.
To volunteer as a group, click here.
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org