Washington Parks & People’s Heart & Soul program, based at the Riverside Center and Marvin Gaye Park, aims to educate people about the benefits of healthy living habits for ourselves and our environment. We promote city-wide park-based health and learning through:
- Jazzercise, African dance, and other dance and movement programs
- Community Health Walks
- Healthy Living cooking and Eat Smart nutrition classes
- Bike repair, bike rides, and trail patrol
- Girls on the Run, Family Fun Fridays, Sports Saturdays, and other youth athletics
- and a wide range of programs to enliven the park as a hub of healthy physical activity and wellness.
By nourishing the body with physical activity and involvement in community greening projects we can combat the challenges we face from the common sedentary lifestyle so pervasive in our culture. You are invited to take part in the many ways that Parks & People is getting outside, staying healthy, and eating well!
Join us every Monday as the Arcadia Mobile Market delivers fresh produce outside the Riverside Center. Come to Parks & People’s own Farm Market, held every Saturday. Participate in cooking classes, held throughout the year. Check out Parks & People’s program calendar for information on fitness classes and other health activities.
Ready to hold a community-based event at the Riverside? Contact us and let’s talk about how the Riverside can be the right space for you!